Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm growing

Although Elli is still tiny, she is making significant progress. Elli is 10 days old is this picture. Her eyes were still fused and she was still just over 1 lb. Her eyes opened 5 days later, the day she came back from her surgery up at McKay Dee. We were standing next to her bed after she had just settled down from her transport when she looked over at us for the first time. It is so wonderful to watch her grow.
This is our bright eyed birthday girl. This was taken on her one month birthday. She weighed nearly 2 lbs, and her skin has improved tremendously. Her lungs are making steady improvements, and she remains very stable overall. Elli now weighs just over 2 lbs. We are so blessed!!

4 comments:

Caleb said...

yeah! We are so glad that she is progressing.

Cindy B said...

That's a pretty girl! It looks like she is getting big and doing well. Our prayers are with you all. I hope Elli continues to do well.

Wright Family said...

Tami,
Wow, she is so cute. she is miracle. You are in our prayers always.

Kari

PmprdJulie said...

Hey babe! I'm just thrilled to hear your good news and even more delighted to have your blog shared with me. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your life right now through this blog and thank you tons for the darling pics of your precious angel. You've been on my mind now for about 6 months and I haven't been able to shake some thoughts and feelings I've been having. The news of your beautiful baby girl answers why you've been on my mind since April-ish. Maybe at our reunion I'll share the rest of the story. I'm incredibly delighted for you, Wayne and Bradley. I can't wait to see you and Elli in person. We all could use a big group hug this year! Love ya, babe!
Julie Smith