Monday, August 3, 2009

Pioneer Day Weekend

We spent Pioneer day with Wayne's family this year. Everyone was there, which makes 22 adults and 28 1/2 grandkids. Thanks goodness that they built the cabin so that everyone has a place to stay.

This is the Sevier River. Some of the uncles and cousins discovered that jumping from the bridge into the river is a whole lot of fun, so here are a few shots of the brave ones jumping. I can't even jump from a low dive into a swimming pool without my heart thumping out of my chest a little, so I couldn't do this!!

Here is Bradley's cousin Braden going in feet first.

Trevor was the bravest of them all. He kept doing flips off the bridge. CRAZY!!!

Next it was Bradley's turn. He has just stepped up onto the edge of the bridge. He didn't like jumping off either, it was easier for him to have his uncles just push him in. Wayne was already in the water waiting to help him get to shore.

Unfortunately, I shot this picture a split second too soon. I chopped off Bradley's head. What I missed was a lovely belly flop at the bottom. He was a little sore for a few minutes afterward.

Swimming back to shore. Wayne only jumped once. He said that was enough for him. He was surprised how warm the water was though. It was a nice break from the heat.

Just before the boys went swimming, I had gone on a little shopping trip down to the local antique shop called the Wooden Nickle. They had a lot of really cute things, but I found the cutest wooden doll house that I'm going to fix up for Elli for Christmas. I got it for $19, what a steal! I think I'm going to have to go back there next time we go down to visit Wayne's parents.
Some of us decided that a weenie roast up in the mountains would be fun, so we headed up on the afternoon of Pioneer Day. Elli really enjoyed the mountains, I love the sweet grin on her face.
Some road up in vehicles, while others road 4 wheelers. I am glad we were in the trooper because we got a pretty good rain while up there, and those who road the 4 wheelers were soaked through by the time they reached us at the lake. The rain did let up long enough to let us build our fire and have some dinner, but it sadly ended out fun early. We all went back down to grandma's house to get warm again. Wayne and I had actually reached that lake before the rain and got a few pictures of the kids throwing rocks into the water.
Kristen and Lindsey

Katelyn

Sadie (she road up with us while her mom and dad got soaked on their 4 wheeler)

Here they are seeing who can throw the farthest. I think they were letting Sadie win every time, and she loved it!

Here are some of the cousins lined up to watch the parade. They had 2 sides of the street covered to make sure they brought home as much candy as possible. This photo had Jade holding Brennan, Taysen, Landon, Katelyn, Sarah, Kaycia, and part of Bradley.

Here is grandma on the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers float. She gets roped into doing this float every year, but I do think she enjoys it. In this photo she is just about to throw a handful of candy which ended up hitting Elli right in the face. I didn't see it happening because I was taking the picture. Needless to say, Elli wasn't very happy about the whole thing. Not too long after this a float with some boys and squirt guns came by, and for some reason they aimed directly at Elli's face again. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get her to go to another parade this year. Maybe by next year she will have forgotten and like parades again.

more cousins, here we have Breanna, Amberli, Sarah, and Dawson.

Here we have Sawyer in the red and white shirt, Sadie in blue, Rachel has the pretty brown hair with the red bow, Aaron is the little guy with curls in the red shirt and closet to the camera is Alton.
The night before we had been down to the park for the annual scout dinner. They serve dutch oven potatoes, and pot roast (which is absolutely amazing!!). They also auction off pies there. I told Wayne that I want to enter a pie next year and see how much it will go for. Some of the pies were being sold for $30. Later, after the dinner we all gathered to watch the fireworks. I was really impressed with their fireworks, they had a great show for such a small town.

It was a really nice weekend. Hopefully we can get back down there really soon!!

No comments: