Monday, June 14, 2010

drum roll please......

So....I had an ultrasound appointment last Thursday. I was a bit skeptical that we could really find out what we are having because I was only 15 weeks, but we wanted to know if we could. Everything looks good and we were able to get a great look, this little one was not very modest. Since this is my last time going through all of this, I wanted to have some fun with the announcement. I got this idea from the show 19 kids and counting. The plan was to have the cake inside indicate the gender. Pink cherry chip cake for a girl, and blue rainbow chip for a boy. (Thanks Crystal for the cake pan and decorating stuff. It was fun making this cake.)


The lighting wasn't that great, but I think you can tell that it isn't a blue rainbow chip cake. It's a GIRL!!! I was so shocked! Happy, but very surprised. I really thought this one was a boy. So much for intuition. We are thrilled, and so excited for Bradley & Elli to have a baby sister. It is going to be fun for all of us, but especially for Elli. Bradley was a little disappointed, but he is really happy about it now. I will likely have another ultrasound in a week or so, and I will make sure to confirm the gender then. The ultrasound tech did say she was 95% sure, but another confirmation doesn't hurt anything. Another girl, I can't believe. Yay!!!



7 comments:

Jenny said...

How exciting! It's much more fun to reuse girl clothes than boy clothes anyway! Hope you are feeling well and having a great summer!

Rynell said...

So exciting!

Caleb said...

That is wonderful...and the cake idea was so cute!

Marianne said...

I'm so excited!!

Heidi said...

I love the cute idea with the cake. Congrats!

The Conders said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Crystal said...

Your cake looks great!

Crystal