Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome Katie Lynn


She is here! Little Katie Lynn was born Tuesday, November 9th at about 3:30 pm. She weighed 5 pounds 11 ounces and is 18" long. I think what surprised me most was her fuzzy dark brown hair. I wasn't expecting that, and it was a very happy surprise. She has a sweet and very calm temperament. She hardly makes a fuss, and loves to cuddle.

Here I am just before we got in the car to head to the hospital. I was scheduled for a c-section mid morning, but there were 3 other emergencies that pushed us back into the afternoon. I was okay with that because I knew that with both Bradley and Elli I probably bumped ladies who had a scheduled c-section. It was only fair for it to happen to me. (When I saw this picture I realized that I really didn't look that big, but boy did I feel big.)

I can't say enough about the huge difference there is between having an emergency c-section, and one that is scheduled. With Bradley I had gone through 28 hours of labor and because his heart rate was fluctuating too much they had to deliver him c-section. With Elli I was so sick with pneumonia and her being so early, c-section was the safest for a good outcome. I was so exhausted after both that it was very hard to recover. This time was vastly different. By evening, so just a few hours, I was able to have my soft food dinner. I got up during the night and walked a bit, and was well enough by morning to have a real breakfast. Boy did it taste good too! But I think that anything would have tasted exceptional after fasting for a little more than 24 hours, then only being able to have broth and Jello. I had french toast, a banana, hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll. Yum! I walked a bit more on Wednesday and was able to get in and out of the bed with more ease than I have with my other 2. It was a very happy ending!

I LOVE this picture! Elli's shirt says Big Sister, and Katie's says Little Sister. Elli couldn't wait for Katie to come home. She is already planning on how she can help me. She is going to "rock her and share her toys, and Katie will sleep in my room" she says. I am so happy for Elli to have someone close in age and a sister at that! I think they are going to be great friends!

Bradley is a very proud big brother. He said something funny on Tuesday night though. I think the reality of the situation didn't hit him until he saw and held her. My nurse asked Bradley if he was excited to take her home, and he responded with, "no, I don't think I'm ready to have her at our house." So when Wayne brought the kids back on Thursday night I asked Bradley if he was ready yet, and he said that he was ready now. What a funny boy! He is very protective and sweet with her. I am grateful to have him to help me out, it's just nice to have one of your kids be old enough to understand what is going on and that they need to step up and help. I am really proud of him!


This is her cozy outfit that we bought her home in. I made the cutest little brown and blue flower to put on a head band to go with the outfit, but she was too small. The head band wouldn't stay on her itty bitty head. I'll have to take it in a bit so that she can wear it.

Another problem with being so small is that it is very hard to adjust the car seat straps to fit her snugly like they are suppose to. Her poor little double chin rubbed against the buckles all the way home. I now know to put a little bit of her blanket between her chin and buckle so that it doesn't irritate her.

Wayne just took this picture yesterday. I think it is proof that she is happy to be home with us too. She really is delightful and we are so thrilled to have her in our family. Thanks to everyone who has helped us out during my pregnancy and who has prayed for us. We have been blessed and we know you all played a big roll in that.

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! We have been wondering! I would love to bring you dinner soon- I'll call you and see what you already have lined up! She is just precious- so sweet and tiny! What a relief to have her here all safe and sound! We are so happy for you!

Unknown said...

She is a doll. My last son was 5lbs 10oz and I forget they come so small. So glad that everything went well this time.

Leslie said...

I'm so happy for you! She's so beautiful! What a perfect baby! Congratulations!
Leslie

The Conders said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

She's so cute! I'm glad you, Katie and your family are all doing so well. I'm having another c-sect this time, I hope I feel as good as you did afterward. Congratulations!!

Casey, Cammy and 5 C's said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful -- just like her big sister! I am so happy for your family.

Maleen said...

Tami, I am so happy for you guys that I could cry. She looks so great. And funny how she is small and won't fit in the carseat, but your last peanut was barely longer than a dollar bill. You are so blessed with your three beautiful children. You guys deserved a break this time around.

Caleb said...

Congratulations to you all, it's fun that Elli is so excited. I'm sure that Katie will be a fun addition to the family.

Marianne said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm so pleased that everything went so smoothly- I knew it would. (And I kept telling you how small you were, and now you have proof!) She is so beautiful! Thursday isn't coming soon enough!

Deanne said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous. I'm so glad everything went so smoothly.

Kara said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable! I can't wait to come down and see her. I'm pretty sure we are past the sick phase, but I am waiting just to make sure. Congratulations!

Leatham Family said...

Congratulations Tami, she's adorable. I'm glad she's here and that everything went so well. She's so tiny and perfect, enjoy her!!

Cindy said...

I am so excited for your new little addition! She is so beautiful! I am so glad that everything went so well!

Jordan and Mandy said...

Congrats! she is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her.

Crystal said...

She is so sweet! I am so glad her getting here wasn't as traumatic for you as the other two!

Heidi said...

She is so adorable. I am so glad for you that everything went so well with the delivery and recovery. I love her "sleep-smiling" picture!