Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ahhh, country life!

Elli and I have a new daily ritual. We load up the stroller with water for me, snacks and milk for Elli and we explore all the little roads around our house. I know when it's time to leave because Elli will ask me for her hat. She would spend every waking minute outside if I let her.

I just can't get over the beauty of spring, so yesterday we took our camera on our walk. I hope you enjoy what we get to see everyday. It really is a lovely place to live.


These are the acres and acres of apple, cherry and peach trees. It's hard to see, but this row goes on for at least a mile. The blossoms smell yummy too.

This is one of the views as we walked. While Elli and I were out we had a few cars drive past us, 2 tractors, and 2 4-wheelers driven by sweet old farmers. Everyone waved to us as they drove by, and we only knew 2 of them. I think it's an unwritten rule that everybody waves to everybody in small towns.

Elli has discovered what fun dandelions are. Blowing is a new skill, and she could still use some practice. But she has the face down!


After trying to blow and having nothing happen, she resorted to tapping it against the stroller. She was very pleased with herself for finding a new way to get the seeds to fly off.

One more vista during our walk. Elli really loves going by the red barn. There are about 6 cows and just as many, if not more, horses.

I love spring! We have had a really lovely one this year too. It usually ends up that we have maybe a week of upper 60's and lower 70's, and then suddenly it's summer. It has actually been spring for a while now, and we have thoroughly enjoyed it at our house.
I took this picture of a field full of dandelions because I think they are so pretty when there are millions of them like this. I know they are weeds, and I don't love them on my lawn, but there is something about this many together that just makes me smile. Happy Spring everyone!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Just find a job for Joel, and we'll move down there in a heart beat! It really is beautiful there.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Justin and I need to come join you one of these days!

Kim said...

It really is beautiful- I'm glad you and Elli are getting out and enjoying it!

Megan B ♥ said...

That looks like such a peaceful place to take walks!

Caleb said...

that is a lot of fun, and good exercise.I may need you to e-mail the picture of the blossoms, i'm looking for one for popcorn popping on our song chart and that would be perfect.