Monday, May 11, 2009

all about Bradley

This whole blog is dedicated to my sweet Bradley. He has been having a lot of fun lately.

We will begin with the pinewood derby. Bradley chose his design from Star Wars IV. His car is suppose to be like Luke Skywalker's speeder. We had my dad help with the cutting, Wayne helped with the sanding, and I helped with the painting. He had so much fun, he is already planning what his car will look like next year.


That's Bradley's car on the 2nd track. He came in last or 2nd to last on every race, but he didn't care. He had a really good attitude and just enjoyed himself.
On this race he did take 2nd place. That's his friend Tommy from kindergarten. (We combined our pinewood derby with a neighboring ward.) Tommy was a great cheerleader, oh, I mean yell leader. I guess you don't use the name cheerleader for boys.

This is Bradley on the left and his friend Braydon with the dark hair. By this time the boys were just having fun while awards were being prepared.

Bradley and Braydon

Bradley was really excited about his award. He thought it was perfect for his design. (He got a little carried away with the graphite. He ended up with graphite on his face, clothes and his car of course. But it did help the car go faster, so I guess it was worth the mess.)

In the photo we have Ben (my cousin Abbey's little boy), Bradley, Ben (Kim's), Noah (Marianne's), and Aaron (Kim's). They all worked very hard on creating the best sand castles at my parents on Mother's day. They really worked for hours on these things.

This kids are pointing to their own castles. Bradley's is the one you see below, but I didn't get this picture until it was dark, so it's hard to see.


BEHOLD, THE FISHERMAN!!!!
Tonight after working out in the back yard trying to level out the dirt for sod, the boys went fishing. Bradley was so excited to go, and he really wanted to be successful. He told me that he had said a prayer that he would be able to catch a fish, and well, you see the results.

He outdid his dad a little.

Bradley caught this fish all on his own. He was bursting with pride, and couldn't wait to get home to show me. I was at home trying to get a little laundry done, but now I see that I should have been there with the camera. I will have to go with them next time to get some action shots.
Bradley is such a sweet, imaginative, and adventurous boy. We have so much fun with him and are so glad he's a part of our family!!!

6 comments:

Kayla said...

I can't believe how big Bradley is. I remember when he was just a baby. He is such a cutie and sounds like such a good big brother. I love the picture of him with his fish next to Wayne. How fun!

Caleb said...

Bradley is a fun child. I like reading about your family.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having lots of fun at your house!

Crystal said...

What and AWESOME fish! I bet he was way excited. Alan will be sad he missed out.

Marianne said...

I can't believe how grown up he's getting. That fish is amazing! Way to go! He's such a good boy.

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with the car - we have those fun days ahead of us!