Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My brother's birthday

Bradley had a big birthday on Sunday! He turned 8 years old and will be baptized in November. We are so proud of him. He is such a good boy, and big brother. Elli absolutely adores him. If Bradley walks into the room when she is crying hard over something, she will stop instantly and smile at him. It is so much fun to watch them together. So far the age difference doesn't matter to either of them.


This is Bradley's favorite place. He and his cousins have built a fort in the sage brush by Grandma and Grandpa's house. I know he would be perfectly content to live there. They all play the western game together (something Bradley made up). They all have names for the game, Bradley's in Feather Hike. When we are down in Marysvale, the boys rarely come up to the house. They have so much fun roaming the acres of brush, fishing in the creek, and riding the dune buggy. He has been instructed numerous times on what to do when you spot a rattlesnake, believe me! That is my only worry down there. Other than that, I love that he loves his Grandma's house. In this picture Bradley is demonstrating his spear throwing skills.

This is the one and only picture I got of Bradley's birthday. My batteries died just after this photo. My sister-in-law took more, so I will post them when I get them from her. Anyone who knows Bradley, also knows that he has a bit of an obsession with crocodiles. I was so excited when I saw this cake on the Internet, it was perfect for him.

Elli and Bradley in their fall colors. Such sweet kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love that last photo. It is so sweet.

Jessie Nielsen said...

I can't believe he is 8. He has grown up to be so handsome!

Caleb said...

Oh Happy Birthday Bradley, they are so cute together.

Unknown said...

Happy, happy birthday Bradley!! I love how cute your children are together. It's heavenly.

Cindy B said...

Wow, he has changed so much since you guys lived here. I can't believe he's 8! He looks great. And I love that cake!