Wednesday, October 1, 2008

some perspective

I am sorry that it has taken me forever to get these pictures on here. I thought it would be fun to take some pictures with the same props as we had in the hospital to show just how much Elli has grown. She is now 27 1/4" long and weighs just over 13 lbs. She is getting so close to being able to sit up on her own. She just panics and arches her back once she realizes that she is sitting, but she is so much stronger. She jabbers like crazy, and she is a smart little cookie! She will use her feet to bring toys up close to her hands, and she also teases us with gagging noises just to get some attention. She will stop and smile at us as soon as we tell her to stop gagging herself. What a silly goose she is!

This first picture was taken when she was about 2 weeks old. I just measured the Clifford Dog for some perspective, he is 4" long and 2 3/4" tall. If he were laying across her tummy, it would go from her chin down to almost the bottom of her diaper.

Here she is now holding her little Clifford in her crib. This looks so much better!

This is a photo taken for Elli's one month birthday. Her eyes had been open for a couple of weeks at this point, but she is asleep in this picture. The 10 key is in honor of her dad who is an accountant. The candy bar was for perspective. A 100 Grand candy bar isn't very long, and it goes from shoulder to knee.

Elli now was a little more interested in holding the candy bar, but I managed one photo with it next to her. This too looks so nice. It's hard to believe that she really was just a little longer than a candy bar one year ago.

This is what we spent most of the time doing when I was trying to take her picture. She just wanted to eat some chocolate, and who can blame her?!! 100 Grand are one of my favorites too.
This is what we did when she wasn't trying to get the candy bar. Instead, she was trying her darndest to eat the camera.
Get a look at those eyelashes. Every girls dream!!!!!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Wow she has grown. It has been so long since we have seen any of you. I am glad that she is growing and healthy. I agree... I don't think my eyelashes could be that long with fakes. She is beautiful!

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! I'm so glad she's doing so well!

Crystal said...

Wow! I remember she was tiny, but that really shows some perspective. Pretty little girl

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe she was really that tiny, even though I saw her. Such a cutie pie!

Jessie Nielsen said...

She has gotten so big! She is beautiful! She really is a little miracle! I am glad I found your blog so we can keep in touch!