Monday, October 27, 2008

Random stuff......

Okay, so I'm going to play a little catch up on this blog entry today. So this is all really random.
Elli is little miss flexible. She loves to play with and suck on her toes. She is so funny about her feet, she almost acts like they are a second set of hands for her. When her physical or occupational therapists are here trying to get her to sit up and play with a toy, it works for a few minutes and then she lifts up her feet and starts using her feet to push buttons on whatever cool toy they brought with them. It's really cute, but frustrating at the same time because it throws her balance off and she falls backwards. It's kind of slowing down her progress toward sitting. Silly girl!!!
Elli still struggles with any food that is too chunky- she'll get it to the back of her throat too quickly and choke, gag, and throw up. These little mess bags are awesome! You put the food inside and they suck on it. No pieces to choke on. This was her first go at watermelon. She really liked it.
This is Elli's blessing dress. Simple and sweet, I really love this dress!

Here is Bradley on the first day of school 2008/2009. Last year I didn't get Bradley's picture on the first day of school because school started the 21st of August, and I was still in anti-partum (SP?) trying not to have Elli so early. She came the next day. So Bradley's picture was taken after I came home from the hospital, the 5th day of school 2007/2008.

There is a little story behind this darling dress. I bought it as a shower gift for someone else, and just fell in love with it. (This was about 4 or 5 years ago) I went out and got a different shower gift and hung this dress in my closet. It became a physical representation of my hope. I was so excited when Elli could finally wear it. Sadly, she has outgrown it now. It is put away with all her other little treasures I've been collecting.

This picture above and the 2 below are of the pond in my parents back yard. Their back yard is something like a sanctuary for me. It is absolutely beautiful. My dad is a very talented gardener, and there is such peace there. This summer when we could finally take Elli out, we spent many evenings just sitting and talking. It is pretty close to the top of my list of favorite places to go to.



Elli isn't always a good eater, sometimes I just give up by giving her the bowl and spoon to play with. I know it makes a big mess, but she has fun and she even ends up getting some of the food in her mouth. Whatever works - right?!

This is true to Elli's reaction to most food (ice cream not included). This was her first taste of oatmeal cereal. Not too impressed with it. Now I put fruit with it and some cinnamon and sugar, and she likes it. I add spices to most of her food because I have learned that she likes flavor. We also add olive oil to her food, and carnation instant breakfast to her formula to give her a little more fat in her diet. It seems to be working, her weight gain last month was better than it has been for a long time. She weighs 13 + now. (She hasn't been weighed since the beginning of this month.) I'll give an update when she is weighed in November.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I meant to call you several times today. Happy Birthday!! I'll call so we can find a time to get together!
I love the pictures, she is adorable!

snowfam said...

hey tam,
i started a blog for all us badgers while i was up at snow but i only posted a couple things and i'm pretty illiterate at this blogging stuff but anyways.. I just thought you might want to know it exists and you can take a look at it :)
<3 heidi

Deanne said...

I just spent several minutes catching up. I've been semi out of the blogging world for a while! What cute kiddos! I can't believe Bradley's old enough to be baptized. We definitely need to get together.