Wednesday, January 28, 2009

crossing fingers never works

Bradley was on a roll tonight with his deep thoughts. This is one of them:

While driving home from his 2nd grade weather program (songs all about seasons and weather) he mentioned that he almost missed the bus earlier that day. His rehearsal for the program lasted a little too long and he had to rush back to his room for his backpack and coat and then out to the bus. He was worried he'd miss it, so he said a little prayer on his way down the hall. He said that the bus came to pick up the kids a little bit late. This was the rest of our conversation:

Tami: "Bradley, want to know something that I know about you?"
Bradley: "What"?
Tami: "I know that you have a testimony of prayer."
Bradley: "Yeah, prayer always works."

We talked briefly about several of his experiences with answers he's received, and the conversation ended like this:

Bradley: "Yeah, prayer is the only thing that works."
Tami: smiling and laughing a little
Bradley: "I'm serious. Crossing fingers never works. Sometimes our teacher chooses 3 people to get prizes. One gets a brag note, and one gets a treat. (I can't remember what he said the 3rd gets.) I always cross my fingers and it never works!"

So there you have it folks. Don't bother with crossing your fingers anymore, prayer is the only thing that works.

On the serious side, I am so grateful that he has learned at such a young age that he can pray and be heard. I have learned a lot from his example of faith.

4 comments:

Kim said...

That's really cute, Tami.

Marianne said...

That is so sweet. We can all learn from him.

Caleb said...

yes I can cross all my fingers, and it never works, so he's right.

Sushi-Mama said...

Hi Tami! It's Julie Nordfelt from Snow College. I found your blog link from your Facebook page. What an adorable family! I have been reading about your little Elli- your miracle baby. Did you know we had a 507 gram baby too? She will be 8 years old in 2 weeks. She was almost 26 weeks at birth- so a little older, but the same size. All of the pictures bring back so many memories! I love the milk in the freezer- that is how it is!! We need to talk on the phone sometime. Email me at julie_doherty@yahoo.com.