Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I finally got some batteries.....

We will start with the downstairs bathroom. Yeah, I know the color is a crazy. The color didn't turn out the way I thought it would, but it is growing on me. Wayne would say, "yeah, growing on you like mold". Actually with the towels, shower curtain and a few decorations I have I think it will look great in the end. Crossing fingers....oh yeah, that doesn't work remember?! (see blog entry on January 28th.) I haven't touched up the paint since the shower installation either. I'll get to that when tax season is over.


Wayne's brother salvaged these cabinets from a house he had worked on at Richmond American. The cabinets were brand new, and they were just going to get rid of them. He asked us if we'd like them, and we said of course!!! (Duh, I am married to an accountant! Of course we'll take free stuff.) So he brought them to us. It saved us a bundle! Thanks Alan!! I haven't picked out a sink yet, so for now you have to wash your hands in the tub. But it is a functional bathroom and we love that! I plan on getting a sink as soon as tax season is over.

These are the shelves Alan built me for my paper in the closet of my craft room. Pretty cool huh!!! I still need to paint them, but painting also has to wait until the end of tax season because trying to tackle those kinds of projects with Elli hasn't worked out very well. It interferes with her book time, how rude of me. With Wayne home I will be able to finish up all the little things, while he plays with Elli. But for now I have a place for my solid paper, my printed papers and my themed papers. It's so lovely! (Incidentally this is the only place my house is organized, I'm hoping it will be contagious and spread everywhere else.)

I took this photo before Jeff (our cabinet guy) had finished installing the desk along the window. You can see it on the floor though. That will be a place for Bradley to do homework, color, and a great place for kids to eat when we have company over.

This is the main area. I will have a stove and microwave (eventually) in the space on the left. The sink (which hasn't been chosen) will be in the middle of the counter and the space you can see under the counter in the right corner will be for a small refrigerator. The counter you see on the bottom right is the counter/cabinet from the previous picture. Don't they look pretty? They will look even better with the appliances and the hardware. It will be so nice to have it done and cleaned up. We are planning on canning down here this fall, and we will also be hosting Thanksgiving with my side of they family. I also have my Great Grandmother's dining table and chairs that I'm hoping to have refinished by then. It is so exciting!!!!!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

I really like the color on the bathroom wall. It's a fun, bright color! I also love the shelves for your paper And the kitchen cabinets look great! You have so much fun going on in your house right now.

Marianne said...

That's so exciting how everything's coming together! I want to come down and see it in person. Actually, I could use an outing that's different from our normal ones, so what do ya say?

Caleb said...

It really looks nice Tami! I'm way excited for you.

Unknown said...

It looks great! I have yet to experience finishing a house, but it seems like a fun project.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to come and see it in person when it is all done!