Wednesday, December 7, 2011

April & May

These are some of the photos from my photo shoot that I won. It was part of the "My Beauty Campaign", and it was truly a wonderful experience for me. It helped me to like who I am right now and not worry about all the little imperfections that I am overly critical of. It wasn't an easy thing for me to do, but I am very grateful that I did it. And I think the pictures turned out great!

Bradley is growing up. We were able to work on his final pinewood derby car this month. (Much to Wayne's bitter disappointment....not.) Bradley had a great time helping me with the paint. His car wasn't the fastest car, but he didn't care. That's one thing I love about Bradley, he just has a good time and doesn't get bent out of shape with the whole competition thing.

We had a long tax season this year. I wasn't quite prepared for how Wayne being Bishop would impact tax season. We really didn't see a lot of him, especially the last month and a half of tax season. So we decided that even though Bradley's spring break was during the last week of tax season, we needed a vacation. We went down to Moab and Goblin Valley ending up at Wayne's parents for Easter. It was a great vacation, with only one little car sickness hick-up the 2nd day, and cooler than normal temperatures (but that was actually really nice).

I have always wanted to see Dead Horse Point. It really is as spectacular as I thought it would be.

You'd think having Easter at the end of April would mean a really warm, sunny day.......not this year. It was chilly, but that didn't stop the fun at Easter rock.

The next day, Easter Sunday, we spent the afternoon with my family. It was even colder than the day before, but the kids still enjoyed their Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Elli and Katie looked SO cute in their Easter dresses.

Grandpa Svedin was with us for dinner. He held Katie for a few minutes, she's getting a little squirmy for him to last longer than that. Katie looks more uncomfortable than she really was. She was actually very content in his arms, as always.


May

I wish I had some photos of our Mother's Day Weekend. We went down to St. George with the rest of my family to support and cheer on my brother Patrick who was in the Iron Man. He was amazing!! I was a nervous wreck waiting for him to come in though. I don't do well with waiting. I am not a very patient person, just ask Wayne. I have an irrational imagination that takes over when I waiting for someone. But everything was fine. He had terrible blisters on his feet and he felt very nauseous, but he did it, and the really crazy thing is he plans on doing it again someday. I may sit the next one out though. I don't think I want to go through that waiting again. I know that makes me a huge wimp compared to what he did, but that's okay with me.

The rest of the month was pretty quiet. Bradley had his first oral report. He was assigned to give his report of Cache County. He did a really great job with his display. He is a great student, and the teachers and kids all love him. (notice little Elli hiding under the desk, silly girl)

This is Bradley's best friends Jacob. We sure do like him! He comes from a great family, and we are so glad that he and Bradley get along so well. The sad thing is that the school district has changed the school boundaries and Jacob will be attending another elementary. We have decided that we will do whatever we can to help those boys stay friends. It's just so important for you kids to have good friends and when you find them you don't want to loose them. (Yes, Bradley is tall for his age.)


No comments: